BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
About the job
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Behaviour Change Communication Officer (Local Government Level)
Job Type: Contract
- Under the coordination and advice of the BCC Adviser at the State level, the LGA BC staff will support the implementation of BCC activities for the project in the corresponding LGA.
- Assist to research existing agricultural systems at the LGA level and establish links with Agricultural extension workers
- Support Barefoot Business Councillors (BBCs) roles in supporting WAG members to implement business plans
- Support the evaluation of livelihood grant proposals and assist LGA evaluation committees in this process.
- Support implementation of business plans created by WAG members
- Provide guidance on approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods by WAG members
- Assist in overseeing training of livelihood groups on the relevant livelihood sectors and skills needed to be successful
- Guide the development of monitoring tools to assist the field teams in monitoring the progress of the livelihood groups at the state level
- Assist in the development of state work plans
- Any other technical tasks as assigned by the Project
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the Behavioural Change Strategy at the LGA level, this will include to provide advice on the social norms that will be targeted by the project BC Strategy as well as developing the strategy components
- Support the development and field testing of BC messages and materials at the LGA level by working in partnership with the Project Communications Firm
- Provide technical advice and quality control for the implementation of activities under the project in the LGA and community levels
- Support other non-BCC related communication activities of the project at the state level. This will require the development of a comprehensive communication strategy for the project, which will include but not limited to communication through mass media, new media channels (e.g. social media) and oral media channels at the national, state and community/local levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Mass Communications, Sociology, Anthropology or related Social Sciences is recommended but can be substituted for added experience working on social issues at the grassroots level.
- Three to five years of experience in some of the following areas: design of communication messages and interventions; work on gender issues; and qualitative research.
- Willingness to travel and work in rural communities.
- Good communication skill (both speaking and oral) in English.
- Good use of Microsoft office tools
- He/she should have the ability to work as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.