BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Coordinator
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 3 Openings
- Manage regulatory compliance of Mine and Quarry operations (FME, FMMSD, NESREA, State Ministries of Environment and related regulatory agencies as applicable).
- Co-ordinate environmental management activities associated with Mine/Quarry operations in line with DIL’ HSSE Policy and Environmental Management Standards as well as Industry and International standards and guidelines.
- Assists in the preparation of permits, environmental studies and/or regulatory reports related to environmental compliance and liaise with external agencies in this regard.
- Assist, formulate, document and implement environmental monitoring routines and quality control procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements of applicable permits and DIL’s policies and standards.
- Review and provide input into assessment of Mines/Quarry exploration and development proposals.
- Develop and update monitoring and reporting protocols in accordance with relevant Federal and State statutes and regulations.
- Provides input and assist the HSE Manager and Operations personnel in the planning and response to environmental issues and concerns.
- Initiate and oversee conduction of environmental monitoring programs.
- Supervise activities of external contractors/consultants involved in environmental assessments and rehabilitation/reclamation projects.
- Develop and deliver environmental awareness workshops and training to Mines personnel.
- Participate in incident investigation and preparation of formal reports on findings including recommendations to HSE Manager.
- Review and complete environmental audits at Operational sites and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain clear and complete documentations for reference purpose during environmental operations.
- Produce environmental reports to Mines Management and relevant stakeholders as required.
- Prepare annual environmental monitoring and compliance reports for submission to Mines stakeholders.
- Assists HSE Manager with the review of compliance, data trends and reporting. Assists in the development and communication of improvement plans related to environmental management.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the HSE Manager.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Biological or Earth Sciences or Engineering
- An advanced degree would be an advantage.
- 6-10 years of relevant environmental management experience with also minimum background in Health & Safety
- Certification in ISO 14001 Environmental Management System or equivalent.Working knowledge of Federal and State environmental regulations and permit requirements.
- Working knowledge of HSE Management Systems.
- Demonstrate high level of qualitative and technical report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisations skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Environmental experience in mining and/or construction industries would be an advantage.Willingness to relocate
- Willingness to work in remote terrain.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work outside of normal hours for immediate responses to environmental issues and emergency responses.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online