BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
About the job
Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Reports to: Director of Rooms
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Rooms or his/her delegate and within the limits of the Hotel’s policies and procedures. The Front Office Manager functions as the strategic business leader of the Front Office Department; he/she would be responsible for managing all aspects of the Front Office areas which may include but is not limited to guest registration, bell services, concierge services, business center, telephone services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Front Office staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Ensures guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel. Assists in creating and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and
- Coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies Ц regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
- Ensure compliance of all Front Office processes with all governmental regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements
- Actively participates in the hiring of Front Office leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May also serve as the manager on duty.
Background, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Administration or Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Front Office department setting with at least 5 years experience as the Head of Department preferably in a 5 Star Hotel
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strategic thinking and business-minded whilst also being able to demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
- Confidence in developing, or implementing, solutions which (most likely) require a comprehensive shift in operational practices and management thinking.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good Business Acumen with the ability to think outside the Box
- Ability to deliver under Tight Deadlines and within constraints
- Highly developed organizational skills with a leading by example attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.