BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant – Serve as a Programme Officer, Operations for the ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project
Location: West Africa
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has, in cooperation with the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation, set up a Regional Stabilisation and Development Project, to address the economic stabilisation needs in the immediate term (2019 – 2021) of post-Conflict countries and post-Ebola countries as well as other fragile countries.
- In the framework of the execution of the 2020 Budget, the ECOWAS intends to apply a portion its budgeted counterpart funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as a Programme Officer, Operations for the ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project.
- The broadly defined objective of the planned Fund is to promote stability and sustainable development in ECOWAS member states, through the creation of new employment and income opportunities, especially for the youth. This empowerment of the youth will be achieved by (i) financing basic infrastwcture and equipment along selected value chains; and (ii) promoting skills development and capacity building. These measures will improve the immediate development prospects of the youth and hence also contribute to tackling the causes of irregular migration.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year renewable based on satisfactory appraisal.
- Under the supervision of the Head of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), the consultant will provide assistance in the implementation of the work programme of the PIU and provide any other support to the PIU as required, including supporting in research work, data analyses, compiling data and information, drafting reports, taking notes, and editing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in the overall planning and implementation of projects as directed by the Project Steering Committee (PSC);
- Assist in ensuring that multi-year strategic plans and annual work planning processes are well coordinated in line with the recommended timelines and guidelines;
- Assist with project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities;
- Contribute to preparation of annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the component activities;
- Provide inputs to programme!/ project designs, including comments on project documents, support development of results matrixes from planning, monitoring and evaluation perspectives;
- Ensure the collection and analysis of data and studies relevant to projects implemented in member-states, taking into account developmental trends;
- Ensure availability of up-to-date information on all critical issues on implemented projects, including studies, baseline assessments and methodological recommendations;
- Maintain regular contact with the implementing agencies in member states to keep themaware of strategic documents and to seek feedback from them so that the PIU can effectively implement its programme with continuous improvement;
- Carry out periodic analysis of the current external and internal environment of the organization, support in formulating organizational objectives and strategies based on the environmental assessment, and developing procedures to implement and evaluate the strategic plan;
- Conduct occasional research, identifying key challenges for the Commission and prepare relevant materials to be disseminated within the Commission in relation to capacity building;
- Assist in providing and delivering strategic data analysis, insights and presentations to the Project Steering Committee on programme, implementation;
- Update data from multiple sources on a regular basis to provide information to the PSC, for strategic decisions making;
- Provide technical support for the development and use of assessment tools and methodologies, including monitoring and evaluation frameworks, impact assessments as well as pilot studies where required;
- Work closely with the ECOWAS Directorate of Communication and supporting partners to develop and implement an effective communication strategy for the dissemination of programme results, best practices and success stories;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of the PIU.
Criteria / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Economics, Social Science or any related field from a recognized university;
- Specialized trainings in public administration, economics, social science, project management or any related field is desirable.
- Shall justify five (5) working years of relevant experience in leading effective planning, monitoring and evaluation processes for International Organizations or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed at least two (2) similar assignments (large nationals projects) organized and successfully executed in ECOWAS Member States with International Organizations or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidates shall justify at least one proven working yerars’ experience of project / programme management methods, including Professional technical knowledge / expertise in activity monitoring & evaluation, evaluation design, data analysis, reporting and in methodological guides for all types of monitoring & evaluation;
- Strong IT / Computer Skills related to Project Management, Public Administration (MS Project, Microsoft Office suite or any other relevant Programme Management Software.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in one(1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
Note: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 26th March, 2020 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates / consultants should send their Expressions of interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as a Programme Officer, Operations for the ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Important Information / Notice
- Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doingbusiness-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Email: email@example.com , with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org