BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
About the job
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant (Project Accountant) – ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC)
Reference No. ECW/IC/ADM-AGRIC-2/25-02/kik
Location: Bamako, Mali
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in cooperation with the European Union (EU), tends to apply a portion of a budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant (Project Accountant), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC), Bamako
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year subject to a probationary period of three (3) months
- The contract could be renewed for the duration of the project based on performance and availability of funds.
- To accomplish the implementation of Component 4 of the PREDIP program on the Prevention and Control of TADs (COMATAO), the project Accountant will ensure the implementation of the financial activities of the COMATAO at the Regional Animal Health Center (RAHC) to achieve the key result areas of the PREDIP program
- He/she will be under the supervision of the RAHC Executive Director.
Role and Responsibilities
- The formulation of detailed COMATAO project annual budget and ensure the financial monitoring of implementation;
- The keeping of financial and accounting records, management of cash flow as well as accurate forecasts of the COMATAO project finances, in accordance with agreements and the approved accounting standards, guidelines and financial regulations;
- The timely registration of transactions in the approved accounting management system, and the presentation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual financial reports;
- Assessment of the COMATAO project budget with cost averages to indicate variance analysis in time and put at the disposal of the supervisors and other stakeholders;
- The implementation of budget control procedures and approved expenditures for payment as included in the approved budget in-accordance with procedures;
- The preparation of project bank reconciliation accounts;
- The preservation of all goods and supporting documents for audit review;
- Undertake other official duties as delegated.
- Shall Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a recognized academic institution
- Specialized trainings in accounting / financial management is desirable.
- Shall justify at least three (3) working years experience in Accounting and Finance, or related area for International Organizations, Government or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed at-least two (2) similar assignments (large nationals projects) organized and successfully executed in ECOWAS Member States with International Organizations or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidate shall justify at least one (1) proven working years of experience in project / programme management methods, including budget management, reporting monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong IT (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc) / Computerized Accounting Systems including applications such as SYSCOA, SAP, IPSAS or any other relevant Accounting Software.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in one (1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
Note: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 26th March, 2020 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / consultants should send their Expressions of interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant (Project Accountant), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre RAHC), Bamako”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Important Information / Notice
- Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , with copy to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com