BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Multi-Property Procurement Manager
Job Number: 20026262
Position Type: Management
Job Category: Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
- Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Core Work Activities
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations:
- Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
- Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
- Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
- Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
- Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
- Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
- Attends exhibitions / seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
- Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities:
- Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
- Places orders and expedites deliveries
- Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
- Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
- Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
- Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
- Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in procurement, purchasing or related professional area.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication – Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and / or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and / or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and / or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel speech so that others will understand them.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.