BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer, Goods, Physical Services & Works
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Departement: General Administration And Conference
Directorate: Administration and General Services
Line Supervisor: PPO Procurement
- Under the supervision of the Head of the procurement Division, this position has the responsibility for the management of the daily procurement activities (including for Grants) in the division from the request to the delivery of goods and services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of departments;
- In liaison with Finance, facilitate timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities;
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price availability and competitiveness, and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase;
- Support the various Department in the finalization of the terms of reference or specifications for their various needs and make recommendations to ensure compliance with rules and procedures of ECOWAS or Donors for Goods and services ;
- Prepare bidding documents including draft contracts and other procurement documents, as directed by the Head of Procurement;
- Prepare all the notices for publication (Invitation for Bids, Prequalification notices) as agreed upon.
- Keep track of the status of each procurement – from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met; ;
- Support all the evaluation Committee in the evaluation of Bids and ensure compliance with rules and procedures ;
- In his secretary role, prepare all the evaluation reports in line with the decision of the evaluation Committees;
- Prepare all Contracts for Signature and monitor in liaison with the User Department their implementation;
- Produce/provide quarterly reports covering Goods and services purchased for the Commission and on the implementation of the approved procurement Plan;
- Maintain a central register of main contracts to accurately record the status of contracts with suppliers, develop appropriate database for key suppliers, main contractors and Consultants and track service level agreements with vendors, Contractors and Consultants;
- Maintain a proper archiving of all Procurement related documents ( Procurement Plan, Tender Dossiers, Publications , evaluation reports , contracts );
- Undertake any other official mission assigned to him by his Superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, commerce, supply chain, law or a related field from a recognized university;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Procurement and /or Supply chain Management for a Public Institution, International Organization, NGO or Multilateral Aid Agencies;
- Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures of Development Partners such as World Bank, African Development Bank, European Union;
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning system or other Procurement related management system;
- Relevant training in Procurement or Supply chain Management will be an advantage.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- UA49,106.81, USD77,480.72 (P3)
- UA56,591.37, USD89,289.87 (P4)
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2020.