BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
The Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko was established by Federal Government in 2015. The University was established among other objectives to expand the frontiers of knowledge and provide opportunities for Nigeria to be a Leading player in the world’s maritime industry and economy; and to produce first rate mariners that would keep the Country’s flag aloft across the oceans and waterways of the world.
Application are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below that will be vacant soon in our University:
Job Title: University Librarian
Functions of the University Librarian
- The University Librarian is the Head and Officer-in-Charge of the University Library. He / She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration of the affairs of the University Library.
- Applicants for the post of University Librarian must exhibit considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Library administration and management.
- Applicants must be in good health and able to endure the rigours of the duties of the University Librarian. Candidates must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in public life.
- In addition, candidates should have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and arouse cooperation and loyalty to staff and students of the University.
- Prospective candidates must show innovative approaches to running of an ICT driven Library, working at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant Library including an e-library of world-class standard with up to date volumes.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from a recognized University plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience and must have risen to the position of Deputy University Librarian in a University setting.
- Candidate must have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable Journals.
- Applicants should not be more than sixty (60) years as at the time of his / her assumption of duty as University Librarian.
Conditions of Service & Remuneration
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only, on such terms and conditions applicable to Federal Universities in Nigeria and may be determined by appropriate University Laws and Governing Council. Candidates who do not have the required five (5) years for a full term before retirement need not apply.
- The remuneration and other allowances and fringe benefits are as applicable to the post of University Librarian of all Nigerian Federal Universities as may be determined from time to time by the Government / Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty-five (35) copies of application with comprehensive CV in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in fill (Surname first);
- Post desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates and locations;
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer(s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post. Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications;
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience;
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any)
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic / professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below before the closing dates
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.