BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
The Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko was established by Federal Government in 2015. The University was established among other objectives to expand the frontiers of knowledge and provide opportunities for Nigeria to be a Leading player in the world’s maritime industry and economy; and to produce first rate mariners that would keep the Country’s flag aloft across the oceans and waterways of the world.
Application are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below that will be vacant soon in our University:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Governing Council of Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State hereby announces that the position of Vice-chancellor of the University will soon be vacant and so invites interested and suitably qualified individuals to submit their applications.
Functions of the Vice-Chancellor
- Subject to the provisions of the University Law, the Vice-Chancellor shall take precedence over all other members of the University except the Pro-Chancellor and Chancellor.
- Subject to the provisions of the University Law, the Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function of directing the activities of the University and shall be the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and Chairman of the Senate.
Qualities and Qualifications Requirements
- Applicants shall not be more than sixty five (65) years as at the time of his / her assumption of duty as Vice-Chancellor and shall be person not below the rank of Professor of not less than eight (8) years standing, and with cognate experience in University Administration and Management.
- He / She must possess a PhD. Degree or its equivalent in Marine Engineering, Nautical Science and Mechanical Engineering or Maritime related disciplines.
- He / She must show evidence of academic leadership and sound scholarship by way of research, publications and mentoring of students and fellow staff.
- He / She shall be a person of unblemished character and personality, morally sound and free from disciplinary and financial embarrassment.
- He / She shall be well exposed and versatile in international relations; and with a profile to command national and international respect.
- Applicant shall be conversant with University business, particularly with records that could guarantee academic standards and discipline.
- Applicant must show evidence of understanding of the academic, national and international objectives of Universities.
- He / She must be a person of courage who can take decisions on merit of facts and principles and not on basis of pressures from individuals or groups.
- He / She must be information and communication technology proficient.
- Applicant must be of good health and shall show evidence of it at the interview for selection if shortlisted.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his / her letter of appointment.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service are attractive and as approved by the Government for Nigerian Universities.
Vision / Mission:
- Applicant must submit a statement of not more than 500 words of the Vision and Mission of Administration of the University, if appointed as Vice-Chancellor.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty-five (35) copies of application with comprehensive CV in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in fill (Surname first);
- Post desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates and locations;
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer(s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post. Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications;
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience;
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any)
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic / professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below before the closing dates
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.