BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant – Facilities
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Support Logistics Officer in facilities and premises maintenance:
- Ensure routine facilities and premises maintenance.
- Conduct minor repairs of electrical works, carpentry, plumbing, equipment, and other maintenance tasks, as assigned.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
- Ensure supervision of the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensure maintenance of generators and Monitoring of generator log sheet.
- Follow-up of refuelling of the generators.
Objective 2 – Support the Logistics Officer in management of the logistics storage:
- Assist Logistics Officer in follow-up and support of the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with the store keeper.
- Assist the Storekeeper, prepare and supervise loading, offloading and ensure all documents are duly filled and signed, when required.
- Participate in procurement process of requested items with validation from Logistics Officer.
Objective 3 – General Logistics Support:
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on base.
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of external audits.
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary.
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical / Civil Engineering or any other equivalent course that can manage facilities.
- At least 2 years work experience in a reputable Organization
Skills and Experience
- Computer literacy including most Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Technical skills in maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Skills in routine facility inspection and reporting
- Knowledge of fire and health safety guidelines
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per month
Application Closing Date
Friday, 3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.