BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client is a leading Seed Company with interest across Africa.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Reference Number: 130-PEO01129
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- We are currently searching for a Managing Director capable of leading our Nigerian operations to the next level.
- The MD role requires collaboration with the Board to define and articulate the company’s vision, strategies and plans for achieving it.
- The MD will lead development and implementation of relevant structures (process, people and systems) to support the achievement of company’s vision, goals and strategic objectives.
- The role, with a strong leadership, is responsible for the overall success of the company measured by the achievement of the financial goals, Innovation, customer connection and efficiency among others.
- Strategy Formulation (in alignment with Group Strategic Direction) and Execution
- Lead development and implementation of relevant structures (process, people and systems) to support the achievement of company’s vision and strategic objectives.
- Institute sustainable business practices and ensure strict adherence to all processes/ guidelines of the company
- Provide excellent leadership for the business to expand the company’s footprint
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of effective marketing strategies to achieve sustainable growth in customer base, market share, Sales and profit.
- Lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to consistently position business as innovator and leader.
- Ensure excellent financial health of the business by championing the development of policies and strategies for effective financial management, transparency and accountability.
- Continuously seeking ways and means of improving on all the processes and guidelines related to all the Units of the Company at all times
- Supervise development projects.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Group Managing Director and the Board of Directors
- Ensure proper and accurate reporting to the Board of Directors, Group Office and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of a second-class upper University degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Management or related fields
- Business or marketing post graduate education (MBA) preferred.
- Must be a member of a professional body.
- At least 15 years’ experience working in marketing, or commercial lead roles in an agricultural industry/FMCG.
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural industry will be an added advantage.
- Age Requirement: 35 – 45 years
Our Ideal Candidate – Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Good networking
- Should have strong business acumen to lead the business to commercial success
- Business development and marketing skills including ability to identify and convert opportunities
- Deep understanding of the impact of macroeconomic and industry trends on the business and the strategic options to be pursued.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization
- Excellent communication, business presentation and persuasion Skills
- Should be Passionate and Result oriented
- Knowledge of commodities marketing and route to market
- Analytical skills
- Ability to identify and drive organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing demands, technology and internal initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- Ability to protect the reputation of the organization and maintain integrity.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online