BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOBSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stores Assistant
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Departement: General Administration And Conference
Directorate: Administration, Logistics & Maintenance
Division: Administration, Logistics & Maintenance
Line Supervisor: PO, Materials Resource Planning
- Under the supervision of the PO, Office Support, the incumbent has the responsibility to provide support by making sure that the unit runs smoothly and efficiently by ensuring proper conduct of stock and inventories.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organize the upkeep of the stores / warehouse;
- Monitor the physical quantity of goods received into the warehouse;
- Conduct the issuing of stock;
- Control pack, stock, organize, arrange and re-arrange stock in the warehouse;
- Maintain record of inventories;
- Monitor and keep clean the warehouse premises;
- Organize all documentation of transactions carried out in the system;
- Maintain accurate inventory and provide same for the purposes of planning and audit;
- Monitor the usable life of stock items and inform the supervisor of goods condition;
- Perform any tasks as directed by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Brevet de Technician Supérieur (BTS) / Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent certificate in an administrative specialty from a recognized University;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in inventory and supply management, property management, logistics, procurement, warehousing, administrative services, or related area;
- Ability to stock, label and issue items especially on First In – First Out basis (FIFO);
- Ability to conduct quality checks of inventory upon delivery of requested materials by supplier and ensures compliance with the agreed business units’ specifications;
- Ability to organize and summarize data and information required for an inventory reporting.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS Key Competencies:
- Ability to assume a credible presence when explaining rules, standards and expectations (e.g. deadlines) to ensure compliance and work expectations are met;
- Ability to motivate self and / or others to engage in discussions that will result in recommendations to improve processes, templates or other work tools;
- Ability to engage in positive approaches to team work, participate actively in discussions and the achievement of team goals;
- Ability to take responsibility for own career and performance with the occasional guidance from the supervisor / mentor;
- Ability to build capacity of self and others by sharing knowledge, tools, expertise and experience with others to remain proficient and well informed in the execution of assigned role.
- Interpersonal, listening and multitasking skills with a good understanding of client service responsibilities and role in representing ECOWAS values in all interactions;
- Ability to take initiative to resolve routine problems associated with assigned tasks using good judgment in involving colleagues or superiors as required;
- Ability to work as part of a team with the ability to explain client interactions to resolve concerns, problems and improve services;
- Ability to manage own time effectively and organize own work area in a manner that will meet performance expectations related to assigned client services;
- Ability to direct people to the appropriate source for further information and ask for help when overwhelmed with client demands.
- Ability to apply culturally-relevant and appropriate approaches with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Good diversity management skills to interact with individuals in a manner that is culturally appropriate and in accordance with ECOWAS rules / policies;
- Ability to recognize preconceived notions and stereotypical views of certain groups and individuals and to successfully adopt inclusive and culturally appropriate behaviors;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Knowledge of diversity management as it relates to daily work expectations and assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS mandate and operational goals of relevance to assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to keep up-to-date with Departmental activities, schedules and goals of pertinence to own work team, functional area;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS procedures relevant to assigned work and the ability to apply sound judgment in their application;
- Demonstrated strong interest and commitment to ECOWAS values and activities in daily assumption of duties.
- Excellent ability to maintain, process and provide accurate information as part of assigned tasks;
- Ability to organize files and information for easy retrieval and record keeping;
- Ability to spot mistakes, act promptly to correct them and learn from experiences;
- Knowledge and ability to challenge and question fundamental assumptions regarding accepted ways of doing things in the spirit of improvement
- Ability to use current technology to communicate effectively e.g. office software programs, including spreadsheets, word processing and graphic presentation software; ability to type and format presentations, reports, manuals, newsletters, website content and proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Well-developed information sharing skills using technology and in accordance in established processes and practices;
- Advanced verbal assertiveness and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to acknowledge and understand the validity of others’ viewpoints and to respond in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to allocate time for specific task in a manner that will meet deadlines and quality/quantity expectations
- Good organizational skills with an excellent ability to break down work into smaller parts and focusing on the most important steps first;
- Ability to contribute to maintaining organizational performance standards throughout implementation of new processes, practices and plans adopted by the Department and of relevance to assigned tasks;
- Ability to monitor progress and to consider new goals in the context of assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to follow through with commitments made to others.
UA 20,166.30 USD 31,818.39 (G4)
UA 25,527.53 USD 40,277.34 (G5)
UA 30,178.98 USD 47,616.39 (G6)
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: B7storassistabuja@ecowas.int using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)