UNICAL Post UTME Screening 2023
The University of Calabar (UNICAL) is a federal university located in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. It was founded in 1975 and is one of the leading universities in Nigeria for science and technology education. UNICAL offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including engineering, science, arts and humanities, social sciences, and management.
Every year, UNICAL conducts a post-UTME screening exercise for all candidates who have chosen the university as their first choice in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). The post-UTME screening exercise is designed to assess candidates’ academic ability and potential for success at the university.
Eligibility for UNICAL Post UTME Screening 2023
- Have scored a minimum of 160 points in the 2023 UTME
- Have chosen UNICAL as their first choice institution in JAMB
- Have at least five (5) relevant credits at O’level (including English and Mathematics)
How to Apply for UNICAL Post UTME Screening 2023
The application process for the UNICAL post-UTME screening exercise is online. To apply, candidates must visit the UNICAL website and create an account. Once an account has been created, candidates can then proceed to fill out the online application form and pay the required application fee.
UNICAL Post UTME Screening Date and Time
The UNICAL post-UTME screening exercise is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 28, 2023. The screening will be held at the university campus in Calabar, Cross River State.
UNICAL Post UTME Screening Format
The UNICAL post-UTME screening exercise is a computer-based test (CBT). The test will consist of questions from the following subjects:
- English Language
- General Paper
- Relevant subject combination(s) based on the candidate’s chosen course of study
Tips for Success in UNICAL Post UTME Screening
- Start preparing early. The earlier you start preparing, the more time you will have to cover all of the topics that will be tested on the exam.
- Practice with past questions. Past questions are a great way to get a feel for the types of questions that will be asked on the exam.
- Get enough sleep on the night before the exam. This will help you to be alert and focused on the day of the exam.
- Arrive at the exam venue early. This will give you enough time to settle in and relax before the exam starts.
- Read the instructions on the exam carefully and follow them closely.
- Answer all of the questions to the best of your ability.
- Don’t panic if you don’t know the answer to a question. Just skip it and move on. You can always come back to it later if you have time.
The UNICAL post-UTME screening exercise is an important part of the university’s admission process. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success in the exam and gaining admission into UNICAL.
- Be familiar with the UNICAL campus and the location of your exam hall.
- Bring all of the required materials to the exam, including your JAMB registration number and UNICAL post-UTME screening slip.
- Be confident and positive. Believe in yourself and your ability to succeed.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. Good luck with your UNICAL post-UTME screening exercise!